How do you cook chicken?
Around my parts, chicken has been on sales each week for about a month now. So we’ve been eating a huge amount of it. I’ve been saving a lot of money but I’ve also gotten tired of cooking it the same way. It’s become stale and boring for us, well me and the kids. Hubby could eat the same thing every day for the rest of his life and he would be perfectly fine with it. Men 😉
I’ve been experimenting with it and here’s a few things I found that work great & adds an extra umph to our chicken:
- throwing my trusty green salsa over it in a crockpot, with a half of lemon squeezed over it & throwing the lemon on top
- use vinegar with some spices, makes it super moist. And it doesn’t leave a vinegar taste one might think
- combine 2-3 different citrus juices with a few of your favorite herbs
- add coconut butter in the cavity and/or under the skin (reg butter works too)
- for chicken tenders use flaxseed meal instead of breadcrumbs to make it healthier
Got an secrets ingredients or recipes that you use to make the most delicious chicken around? Please share with us all, it would be very appreciated.