One of the biggest & best things I love doing in fall is eating all the delicious foods. I can’t seem to get enough, hence why I decided to this as my 31 day series. This year I’ve changed how I eat and I would like to continue with eating healthier food. But there will be days, that this won’t apply to. My month of recipes with be a mix, old & new, healthy & not, unique & common (with a twist of course), home made or semi etc.
Today’s recipe is one that I have been meaning to make but never got around to it. Well today is the day. I loved the pie but only half the kiddos like it since it wasn’t sweet. They were expecting something with lot of sugar in it like blueberry pie. I love the taste of this pie but if you’re looking for something a little sweeter either use sweetened coconut or add a little bit of sugar. But if your like me who love pumpkin and coconut but not a huge sugar fan, you’ll love this recipe. Another great thing about this recipe, was the crust I used. I loved how the granola tasted with the coconut and pumpkin. Such a great combo!
Rustic Pumpkin Pie W/ Coconut Cream Topping
adapted from: Cynthia Presser
- 3 cups of puree pumpkin
- 1 premade crust ( I used a granola one)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (7 oz) unsweetened coconut
- In a food processor add the pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, & half of the milk. Mix well.
- Pour pumpkin mix into pie crust and spread out. It will fill most of the crust so don’t worry.
- Mix the remaining milk with the coconut. Mix well.
- Pour over pumpkin mix in the crust and spread out.
- Bake @ 350 for 20-30 mins
- Take out of oven let cool for 15 mins. Then transfer to fridge to let cool for a hr or two.
- Slice when ready to eat.