I’m always on the lookout for ways to save or stretch our money as much as possible. I’m very good at it, but there is always room to grow. Part of my growing, is sharing with others how I do this, especially doing it with a large family. I decided that each week I will share the frugalness through successful shopping trips, tips, ideas etc. I hope others out there, share their frugalness with me as well. So we can learn from one another as well as learning successful ways to be frugal.
During the holidays, it’s easy to be frugal, if you can squash the wants & so called needs. There are so many things I would love to buy, some even I think I need to buy but reality is, is that I don’t. To help me keep my perspective, I usually do something special with the family through free or cheap activities, crafts, diy, or outings. This week’s biggest money savings came from a raffle basket I won. See below how I saved money this week.
1. Got 5.5lbs of spicy sausage for $5.00 total @ Shaw’s.
2. My husband donated one of the games & a movie I won to Toys for Tots.
3. Used 2 movies from the raffle basket I won for a birthday present my girls will give their classmate.
4. Returned 2 games I won that we couldn’t use & exchanged it for Christmas decorations
5. Attended a family cookie decorating party and brought free cookies home.
6. Since work ended for the season, I’m saving a lot of money on gas.
7. Recycled things around the house for supplies for ornament gift toppers.
8. Had a few extra pieces of garland and tied it into my girls hair instead of throwing it away. Instant festive hair.
Bonus: My mother in law made us some yummy cookies. Yay for cookies!!
How did you save money this week? Got any frugal tips or ideas to share? Or a frugal score you just have to share. Love to hear them all 🙂