As many of you know, from following my blog, I am all about keeping things as simple. I’m all about making delicious healthy simple foods for your family. You won’t ever see any complicated recipes that you need a degree to make. Nope, around these parts, the simpler the better. With that being said, today’s recipe is an extension of my fabulous 3-ingredient granola bar. If you haven’t already checked it out, click on the link to check it out.
These delicious squares are chock full of protein from the peanut butter, chia seeds, & the whey protein.
- 4c oatmeal
- 1/2 to 3/4 local honey
- 1 3/4 to 2c peanut butter
- 1 scoop protein powder ( I used
- 1-2 TBSP chia seeds
- Measure & place oats, protein powder, & chia seeds in desired bowl
- In a microwave dish or saucepan add honey & peanut butter together
- Microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute depending on your microwave. Using the stove, cook on med till melted together completely, which should only take a few minutes.
- Once peanut butter and honey are melted stir together till fully incorporated. I was worried when it 1st came out of the microwave since it seemed a little separated. But once I stirred it together, it was perfectly fine.
- Dump peanut butter mixture in to the oat bowl and stir together till fully mixed. Make sure all the oats are fully covered in the the mixture.
- Use whatever desired pan you want and push all the oats down on the pan. I wanted to use a 9×9 but I didn’t have it so I used a 9×13 and used half of the pan.
- Refrigerate for about an hr.
- Take out, cut into bars, & enjoy. I left my bars in the fridge keeping their form and the kids took them out as desired.