Yesterday, I was preparing for a huge snowstorm. Some people said a Nor’ Easter was coming. But sadly, it looks like we’ll only get a few inches of snow.
Because of the storm, I had to go grocery shopping a day earlier, which I’m glad I did. At our local Shaw’s (which I try to only shop their sales cause it super expensive) I found pork roasts for $.88/lb & split chicken breast for $.99/lb. At those prices, I had to stock up on my meats, since we were running low.
I don’t about you but I haven’t cooked many pork roasts since they are usually expensive. So I treated it just like a chicken roast this time around, using lemon juice, pepperoncini, and spices. And it came out super delicious.
The aroma filled my kitchen all afternoon. IT cooked so well, it was falling apart, making it easy to shred it. This was a comfort meal, perfect for a day like today. If you make this, I promise you, you won’t be sorry. It’s definitely worth a try. Simple & delicious.
7 Spice Pork Roast
3 TBSP lemon juice
handful of sliced pepperoncini (optional)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Place roast in crock pot.
2. Dump the lemon juice on & then add the garlic.
3. Add the rest of the spices to the top of the roast.
4. Turn roast over so that way some seasoning comes off and will season the bottom of the roast.
5. Cook on high for 6 hrs or so, depending on size of roast.
6. Slice or shred the pork & serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
How do you cook a pork roast?
An Allie Event, A Peek Into Paradise, DIY Show Off, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Create With Joy, A Life In The Balance, Strangers & Pilgrims On Earth, Sew Crafty Angel, Lou Lou Girls,